SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
CVPI Performance exhaust
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 655
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
anguscar
• san antonio, TX, USA
• Registered on 4/4/2013
• 15 posts
Posted:1/28/2016 15:16
Ideas anybody ... muffler selection? x pipe pipe size... kits flowmaster etc ideas ?
curemode2002
• Lehi, UT, USA
• Registered on 3/8/2012
• 147 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:1/28/2016 15:47
adtr.net has a great stainless works cat back exhaust kit with 2.5 inch pipe if memory serves. There is also a halfway decent option on Ebay with 2.5 inch pipes as well. Either kit would accept various mufflers but the stainless works sounds nice in the adtr.net vids.
hondaclf
• Baldwin, NY, USA
• Registered on 2/25/2009
• 244 posts
4 Vehicles
Posted:1/28/2016 17:42
Are you looking for headers?
What year is the car?
Stainless Works makes a full header to tip kit for 1992-2011 and it does sound great(had it on my '05)
mpbarber
• Alpena, MI, USA
• Registered on 6/17/2014
• 10 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:1/29/2016 10:01
I have a '91 5.0 liter. I removed all of the stock exhaust system [from the exhaust manifold back] and replaced it with aftermarket H pipe, tail pipes and FlowMaster mufflers. The sound wasn't as \\"aggressive\\" as I had hoped so maybe a more free-flowing muffler would have been better.

I replaced the cats with stainless steel flexible pipes, they are woven and look like giant \\"Chinese finger locks\\" we used to get as kids. Got them from Advance Auto.

Couldn\\'t find the 3-hole exhaust flanges so I cut the inlet necks off of the cats and put a short section between them and the flexible pipes.... took a little trial and error to find the right piece for that but did get it at Advance.

The other thing I ran into was I bought the pipes at CarQuest and their supplier\\'s parts, specifically the H pipe, was about 1 inch short. That created a problem with the welded on hanger brackets on the tail pipes. Fortunately, I was able to make up the difference with the \\"adapter\\" pipes between the cat necks and the flexible pipes.

Happy to give you more details on the \\"flex-pipes\\" and the flanges I cut off of the cats.... might even have some pics.

Hope this helps.
mike

mike
anguscar
• san antonio, TX, USA
• Registered on 4/4/2013
• 15 posts
Posted:2/25/2016 20:17
I'm thinking about just replacing the mufflers with something that flows better than stock ...dont care if it's louder ..dont have the bux to replace the whole system
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
CVPI Performance exhaust
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 655
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog