SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
01' CV (base model 4.6L) wiper arm removal?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 673
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
prometheis_78063
• San Antonio (area), TX, USA
• Registered on 1/24/2012
• 4 posts
Posted:1/24/2012 13:15
how do I remove what appears to be a bent wiper ARM (not a wiper BLADE)? I don't see a nut so I'll assume it's a spring or clip type?? thoughts anyone??
prometheis_78063
• San Antonio (area), TX, USA
• Registered on 1/24/2012
• 4 posts
Posted:2/8/2012 07:38
Open the hood. Look for a "tab" at the base of your wiper arm hub. You may have to move the wipers several times for easy access to the the tab. Use a flathead screwdriver to open the clip (located at the hub of the wiper arm) by pushing the "tab" away from the outside the hub. Lift up on the wiper arm and rock it back and forth until it's free.

New wiper arms come with a new clip already attached. When installing the new wiper arm be sure the tab is already in the open position, line up the slot on the hub to the "key" on the inside of the wiper arm, lift up on the wiper arm, slide it onto the hub and push down on the base of the new wiper arm, push in the tab to secure to the hub and release the wiper arm. This restores your blade to glass pressure for a cleaner sweep of the wiper blade.

Thanks for A-L-L your help guys......(114 views and no responses??)

edited 2/8/2012 07:41
Forums > Car and Truck Make and Model Specific > Crown Victoria, Marauder, Marquis
01' CV (base model 4.6L) wiper arm removal?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 673
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog