SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Car Audio
tweeters
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 5   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 5145
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
mrgetitdone
• hampton, VA, USA
• Registered on 10/21/2010
• 1 post
Posted:10/21/2010 13:08
I need to know why I keep blowin tweeters? No matter what I do or what I buy, I still blow tweeters. I love my music loud and clear. I have 2 q power 5 1/4 speakers in the dash, 2 tweeters remotely mounted on the dash and 2 q power 6x9's in the rear deck of an 87 crown vic, all being pushed by a 75 x 4 wrms amp. I've changed amps, cd players speakers, head units, adjusted eq's and nothing works. I'm good at what I do, but I need help on this one.

Spinnin wheels everywhere I go!!!!!
stevenbrenner
• Oregon City, OR, USA
• Registered on 6/13/2011
• 2 posts
Posted:6/13/2011 18:27
Do you have a crossover installed in series with the tweeters?

ACE
BumpingVicSmokeShow
• Roseville, MI, USA
• Registered on 9/19/2011
• 2 posts
Posted:9/19/2011 23:40
Buy higher quality tweeter speakers, tune the radio so that the front volume is a little less than the rear, turn the base down and the subs up, and dont max the volume. depending on the amp, the speakers are prolly being pushed wayy passhed their limits. if you hear them distort at all turn the down. if everything else covers it up, turn the subs off and the volume up front(or wherever you tweeters are) and turn the volume up until you hear the tweeters distort. that should be your max volume.
in my car, i dont bring the volume passed 30/35 because the interior speakers distort, and the subs lose power. the base actually hits harder at 20 than 30 surprisingly (prolly cuz i just need to get that other amp in)

sorry is i went off talking about random shit there, i was more typing to myself than nething else.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2004 CVPI w/kenwood hd radio, 4 JL audio stock sized interior speakers, a Rockford Fosgate 1500 watt amp and 2 12" Rockford Fosgate p3 'Punch' sub-woofers in a custom box in the trunk. I have a pretty nice JL audio amp on hold right now, going to set it up to power the interior speakers, which will (hopefully) free up a bit of power to go to my sub-woofers.
sandara
• Orlando, FL, USA
• Registered on 11/18/2014
• 4 posts
Posted:11/26/2014 19:32
Esky D700 3D 6-Channel LCD Remote Control RC Helicopter RTF is the newest and latest D700 3D 450 sized 6 channel collective pitch helicopter. ESky fans will remember the lineage of belt cp helicopters. The D700 is their successor. This all new helicopter boasts loads of new and improved features.

rctophobby
NRA4ever
• Northwest La, LA, USA
• Registered on 7/21/2015
• 5 posts
Posted:7/21/2015 22:14
I'm running Tymphany tweeters with SoundQubed 6.5 mids & a 10 inch Skar 10 sub in a ported box tuned to 30 hz. I have a USAmps Merlin 42 driving the fronts & a JL Audio 500/1 driving the sub. I'm running a active crossover system through my Alpine 9887. I have this in my 98 Ram 1500 4 door. It's loud & clear. I like SQ systems over bass head systems. I've been building car systems since the mid 80s.
Forums > SuperMotors Community Discussion > Car Audio
tweeters
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 5   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 5145
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog