SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > SuperMotors Topics > SuperMotors News & Announcements
Site Performance
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 1837
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
E. Long  Club OwnerSuperMotors Owner
Subscriber
Subscriber since 1/1/2001
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• Registered on 1/23/2001
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:1/31/2009 06:28
I wanted to let everyone know that I'm digging into site performance issues beginning today (Jan 31st) as we've seen the the site run very slowly this past week. I've made some performance tweaks so far, have enabled some additional logging, and will continue to monitor it over the next couple days in an effort to identify the performance bottleneck.

Hope to have things resolved as quickly as possible.

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
edited 1/31/2009 06:41
Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:2/1/2009 08:37
Quote:
I wanted to let everyone know that I'm digging into site performance issues beginning today (Jan 31st) as we've seen the the site run very slowly this past week. I've made some performance tweaks so far, have enabled some additional logging, and will continue to monitor it over the next couple days in an effort to identify the performance bottleneck.

Hope to have things resolved as quickly as possible.

I was able to narrow down the performance issues on 1/31 and implemented a fix. Since then, site performance has been back to normal. I'll continue to monitor it throughout the week.

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
Steve83
• Memphis, TN, USA
• Registered on 2/12/2003
• 40 posts
25 Vehicles
Posted:7/13/2009 23:22
Any idea what's been happening lately? The site has been down a lot, and is VERY slow when it works. Sometimes a page will start to load, and the progress bar will just stall.

Walk softly & carry a BIG SIX.
Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:7/14/2009 05:43
Quote:
Any idea what's been happening lately? The site has been down a lot, and is VERY slow when it works. Sometimes a page will start to load, and the progress bar will just stall.

Steve,

We are aware of the performance issues and are working on it this week. It's been getting progressively worse over the last month and these last few days have been terrible.

The culprit is the database performance -- this is where all of the registry and photo information is stored (and everything else) for the site. What's happening is a database query is being executed that is locking up the database and preventing any other requests from being answered. This then causes the site to hang.

Since the entire site is run off of a database there are millions of queries to search through in the log files. We are looking through log files in an effort to determine what the root cause is. I'll reply to this post when we have a fix in place.

-Eric

Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:7/17/2009 21:07
We've been able to fix some of the database performance issues. Still not 100% quite yet but an improvement so far today over the past few days. We will continue to look through the logs some more now that we have some fixes in place to see what else pops up.

-Eric

Forums > SuperMotors Topics > SuperMotors News & Announcements
Site Performance
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 1837
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog