2 Big Broncos Forums

2 Big Broncos Forums > Trail Runs and Events > Dixie Chapter
club ride , week long in march. Lower Alabama, all welcomed
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 759
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
kristian Sorenson
• fairhope, AL, USA
• Registered on 1/14/2003
• 3 posts
Posted:2/11/2004 07:50
heres a cut and paste of whats happening and what to expect. let me know wwhats up, so we can pre-plan
20, 2004 10:26 pm Post subject: HERE'S THE SCHEDULE OF EVENTS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At long last here is the scheduling and details for the March 20th thru the 28th Pavementsucks/Lockitup endurance ride!! Four of the club members met on Sunday and hashed things out with the schedule taking into consideration food, rest, fun level, balancing easy trails with hard ones, the truck show, and this is the way it hashed out!!

Thursday 18 March 2004: 6:30 pm Lockitup club meeting at Greg@lockitup's house to get on our game faces and hash out any last details that might come up.

Friday 19 March 2004: People start arriving at Beast's house. Beast will hash out food arrangements with participants at this time!! For lockitup members there will be an option to go over to beast's house in the evening for a meet and greet with the out of town participants and some hanging out.

Saturday 20 March 2004: Kickoff time!! 3pm all ride participants and Lockitup club members will muster at Beast's house in a "trail ready vehicle" 3:30pm Lockitup members and participants leave as a group enroute Sonic 4x4 truck show by Steve's offroad supply. 4pm group arrives at truck show. At this time participants get to meet and greet with other local 4x4 clubs and participants. 7:30-8:00pm, Lockitup starts getting setup for Gaynor road night ride, Greg@lockitup and Beast will start a ride participant lineup. Rolled dodge(lumpy) and greg@lockitup will get a vehicle count and decide if we need to split up into two groups due to sheer amount of vehicles, if split into two groups Beast will be trailboss/trail lead for the first group taking the standard hwy 45 to gaynor hill route. Greg@lockitup will be the trailboss/trail leader for the second group taking a different route through the Gaynor road location.

Sunday, 21 March 2004: The ride will meet at the Hardee's at the intersection of Theodore dawes road/hwy 90 at 12pm noon. Group then proceeds to "Cheveron pit location" After ride group will stop for evening meal at the "Golden Coral" in Tillmans Corner. All ride participants are welcome to come to Beast's house afterwards for some visiting and relaxing.. BYOB

Monday, 22 March 2004: The ride will meet at the Winn Dixie at the corner of Zeigler Blvd/Schillinger road at 9am, leaving soon after for Millers park ride area.. After ride meal planning will be at Beast's house..All ride participants are welcome to come to Beast's house afterwards for some visiting and relaxing.. BYOB

Tuesday, 23 March 2004: The ride will meet at Burger king at the intersection of Moffat/Shelton beach road at 11am leaving soon after for "Scarborough pit" ride location. After Scarborough pit ride, evening meal will be at Ci Ci's pizza buffet on Airport blvd across from providence hospital. All ride participants are welcome to come to Beast's house afterwards for some visiting and relaxing.. BYOB

Wednsday, 24 March 2004: The ride will meet at the Conoco gas station at the intersection of three notch/Hillcrest road at 10am with the group leaving for the Hillcrest location soon after.. Lunch will be served on the trail at the second gully on this ride compliments of Rolled dodge(lumpy) After ride evening meal will consist of the group going to Super China Garden Buffet at Montlimar/Airport blvd, (next to Circuit city)
All ride participants are welcome to come to Beast's house afterwards for some visiting and relaxing.. BYOB

Thursday, 25 March 2004: The ride will meet at the Conoco gas station at Three Notch/Hillcrest road at 9am, leaving soon after for the Sollie mud run.. After the ride, evening meal will be Turkey fry at Beast's, if you wanna spend a night having a little too much fun celebrating, this will probably be the best night!!
All ride participants are welcome to come to Beast's house afterwards for some visiting and relaxing.. BYOB

Friday, 26 March 2004: The ride will meet at the Winn Dixie at Ziegler blvd/Schillinger road at 4pm, leaving soon after for Millers park night ride. Depending on when we finish, we might stop at a late night fast food joint after the ride,, ie. Krystals, Taco Hell...

Saturday, 27 March 2004: The ride will meet at the Hardee's at the intersection of Theodore Dawes road/Hwy 90 at 10am leaving shortly after for Theodore dawes location. Attempt to wrap up ride by mid afternoon... Saturday evening: Meal planning at Beast's house... at 8pm all participants muster at Beast's house leaving for the cruise strip shortly afterwards.. This will be the groups chance to blow off some steam with some light-hearted fun by laughing and messing with all of the mall crawling poser 4x4's on the strip. Nice comical way to end the ride week!!

Sunday, 28 March 2004: Folks start leaving, end of ride week...memories!!

General information on the trails/ride locations..
Ive gotten alot of questions from folks asking about the severity of the trails that are gonna be covered on this ride! So I'm gonna attempt to give everyone a good idea based off of my opinions and experience with these locations! The way I rate these trails has nothing to do with the established systems of the competition organizations or any other major group, I am giving this info off of our clubs experience, opinions, and also with an eye towards the rigs and people that are coming. These ratings and info I'm about to give are based on a medium size rig that would attempt to do every obstacle and not do any bypasses! I will give bypass info also..
1. Millers Park: By far the hardest/roughest place we have on the schedule.
Expect sheetmetal and drivetrain damage if you try all obstacles. Trail characteristics: Technical, severe off-camber situations, extreme ledge climbing. flops and rollovers possible.. This trail has by-passes for all obstacles.

2. Theodore Dawes: Easy... No sheetmetal damage should be expected as with drivetrain damage, very forgiving trail characteristics, a couple of extreme mud areas, expect to get stuck.. Also a small area of off-camber riding, nothing hard or risky involved. overall easy ride area. Bypasses for everything.

3. Gaynor road: Semi hard, do not expect sheetmetal damage, some drivetrain damage can be expected on the legendary "Gaynor hill" (extreme muddy hillclimb with hard ledge at the top) Trail characteristics, overall forgiving, some offcamber, mild mud. Hardest part will be approaches to Gaynor hill and Gaynor hill itself.. Bypasses for everything..

4. Hwy 45 pit: Easy, more of a play area, huge concrete pipes to play on, extreme sandy hillclimbs, mild mud, some off camber obstacles, forgiving on drivetrain, sheetmetal damage, not likely, tree limb scratches are fairly likely though...bypasses for everything..

5. Scarborough pit: Semi hard, this place has extreme bottomless clay-mud in places, plus bottomless creeks (sandy mud), only a couple of off camber obstacles, some medium hillclimbs, drivetrain damage unlikey, sheetmetal damage unlikely.. by-passes for everything.

6. Cheveron pit: Mudwise, very hard, extreme bottomless mud, (slick clay-mud) no tire will self clean in this area!! very fun mud!! Extreme sand hill climbs very sandy!! Not a whole lot of offcamber play.. bypasses for everything... Do not expect drivetrain damage. No sheetmetal damage..

7. Sollie road: Fun cowshiat Mud, fairly easy. locked rigs, no problems, open diff rigs need to keep the strap out, TSL's really display their advantage here.. If you have a healthy V8 on TSL's this is your time to shine! Drivetrain damage not likely, sheetmetal damage not likely.. Some of the mud holes do not have bypasses unfortunately...

8. Hillcrest location: Rough, very rough, number two location in hardness behind millers park, very long trial and large area, off camber obstacles, ledge climbing, features a mud crossing with roots and logs mixed throughout the crossing.. Drivetrain damage likely, sheetmetal damage very likely, flops are likely.. Very technical trial, you will be physically drained after completing this trail..

Other info: Now as with coordinating any large group for an undertaking, there will be some guidelines that need establishing for the ride week:

1. No drinking and driving 4x4 vehicles on the trail. I will talk more personally with the group on this at our driver meeting..

2. Have your own yank strap in your rig!! Not the kind with the metal hook ends! No chain!! Yank straps with cloth loop ends only!

3. If your rig has a weak spot ie: Dana 35c on 35 inchers, it will be very wise of you to carry some of the extra parts to repair said weak spot when it grenades, we will have all local parts stores and offroad shops on speed dail, but we also want to encourage steps that would alleviate a ride being held up for any large amount of time due to critical breakage and waiting on parts. Since this is a very large ride...If you do break, and it will take awhile to get fixed, we will leave one or two folks (volunteer's with rigs) with you and continue on the ride with everyone else!! But you will be checked on and directed on how to catch up with the ride when you are repaired, we will look after you in this way..

4. Have a spare tire which is close in size to the tires you are running, make sure that it is actually in good shape and will hold air..

5. CB is optional but strongly recommended!

6. Battery hold down's please!! We push this point so much yet it seems like every six months or so we see someone on one of our rides jumping to open the hood as a nice fireworks display erupt's under the hood as the battery tries to weld itself to any metal it seems to find as it flops around!! Expect to get "bootie fab" flaming if you do this!

7.Tow hooks, if you don't have them and you get stuck, don't expect someone else to lay in the mud under your vehicle trying to find a place on the frame to hook to!! I'm not gonna mandate them, just let you know how it will be when you get stuck without proper attachment points..

8.Obstacles: We are not gonna set a certain amount of attempts that you can make before you back off, we will leave this up to your good judgement!! But if one of the trail leaders tells you its time to back off and let someone else try, please do it!!

9. This may sound like common sense but you always have someone who does it on a ride, do not tailgate the person in front of you on the trail!! If there is a steep decent in front of you, always make sure the rig in front of you has finished his decent and is clear before you start down. Safety, safety....

10. Under no circumstances will you straddle a winch cable under load, I know this is common sense, but its murphy's law that if I do not say something someone will do it!! And if you do have to straddle a winch cable that is not under load make sure and voice to the winch operator and person on recovered vehicle that you are crossing.. Safety, safety...
No one will ride vehicles "fire engine style" through obstacles!! This happens from time to time also, people will jump on one corner of a vehicle to weigh it down to assist in completing the obstacle then when the vehicle grabs traction and starts moving forward in the obstacle again, these folks think its some kind of fun John wayne carnival ride to try and hold on to the vehicle as it finishes bouncing through.. Safety, safety!!
We're not nazi's when it comes to rules, we leave alot of it up to the drivers because they are adults, but we will lay the smacketh down if we see things that really go over the line!! I'm sure I have forgotten some things and Beast and Rolled dodge can chime in!! I might come back and edit this post with more info as it comes up!! safety first!!

wyld Canadian
william napier
• lafeyette, LA, USA
• Registered on 11/18/2003
• 8 posts
Posted:3/13/2004 19:51
[img]please give me a call about the event in march 337-280-2091. or email me at Dawn_napier@yahoo.com with your number so i can get directions and talk about the gettogether. thanks bill.

2 Big Broncos Forums > Trail Runs and Events > Dixie Chapter
club ride , week long in march. Lower Alabama, all welcomed
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 759
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog