FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
285s/ Trans reprogram
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 1234
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Tony Kimball
• Spring Hill, TN, USA
• Registered on 8/29/2003
• 13 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:8/31/2003 20:39
Hello EX owners I new to this site and have a question. I have a 00 7.3 PSD EX 4x4 LTD. It has 88k on and is just getting stronger . I put 285 B.F.G s AT/KO on it 5k ago . I few people have told to reprogram the tranny to this size. Is this true ? I have not noticed any change in shifting and I have noticed better milage on the high way. Thank for you time .. Tony

p.s. any EX owners from Nashville,TN area ?
gearman
• los Angeles, CA, USA
• Registered on 1/22/2003
• 336 posts
Posted:8/31/2003 21:43
Tony
you do not need to reprogram your trans just for 285s. all you did was add little over and inch to tire diameter making your rear end ratio a little higher (lower numericaly). you loose a tad low end and gain a tad high end, thats why you may notice better mileage. i did not gain any mileage with my 285s. your speedo should not be more than a couple of miles off(reading lower speed) than what you are actually doung at most.

01 excursion psd hellwig rear stabalizer 285 michelins suncoast converter transmission custom built with Transgo shift kit,by me.
TTS computer chip,next mod-TTS exhaust system
CHPMustang
• Plano, TX, USA
• Registered on 7/24/2002
• 1,800 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:9/1/2003 20:07
Our new 285 TKO's have about 4,000 miles on em now. During our recent 4,000 mile roadtrip in NM,AZ and CA I ran my GPS against the speedo and the speedo is running less than .5 mph slower than the GPS so it's pretty much on the money

Now Ryan at SDHQ in Phoenix wanted to calibrate the speedo/tran for better shifting overall but it doesn't seem much different than with the 265 Firestones.

BILL

Bill
2002 Excursion XLT-P 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

gearman
• los Angeles, CA, USA
• Registered on 1/22/2003
• 336 posts
Posted:9/1/2003 20:34
Bill
i dont think very many tuners can reprogram for one and a half inches in tire diameter. most tuners buy programs from companys that specialize in computer mods. i watched a couple of tuners dyno tune my 99 Mustang Cobra. All they could do was change the computer program with what they had bought. If i needed a tweek in the fuel trim that wasnt in the program that they bought,guess what? i didnt get it. they could not customize the tune . there are very few tuners that can do a custom chip on your truck or car.

01 excursion psd hellwig rear stabalizer 285 michelins suncoast converter transmission custom built with Transgo shift kit,by me.
TTS computer chip,next mod-TTS exhaust system
shiepo
• carson, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/23/2011
• 75 posts
Posted:8/15/2011 18:34
Quote:
Bill
i dont think very many tuners can reprogram for one and a half inches in tire diameter. most tuners buy programs from companys that specialize in computer mods. i watched a couple of tuners dyno tune my 99 Mustang Cobra. All they could do was change the computer program with what they had bought. If i needed a tweek in the fuel trim that wasnt in the program that they bought,guess what? i didnt get it. they could not customize the tune . there are very few tuners that can do a customize your truck chip or car.

i also watched a tuners buy program for some company but i was wondering on how to customize the truck that can do a tuners.
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
285s/ Trans reprogram
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 4   |   Total Posts: 5   |   Total Views: 1234
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog