FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Gas Engine Excursions
V10 air filter housing
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 5   |   Total Posts: 6   |   Total Views: 3386
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
fordracer
• glyndon, MN, USA
• Registered on 8/28/2005
• 12 posts
Posted:1/28/2006 07:21
Has anybody done any mods to their factory air filter housings. Also what are the best after market
air intake systems to help with the milage on the v10.
Thanks
Jim
monsta
• The Big Island, HI, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2002
• 1,056 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:1/28/2006 21:08
The V10 performance or economy are not hampered by a restrictive intake. In fact, the paper element and the stock intake snorkel will flow more air than what the engine can inhale at WOT @ 5200RPM.

I say, save your dough on intake mods and use it gas.

Oh and FWIW, I had an Airaid intake on both my 2000 V10 and my 03 Expy 5.4L and saw no improvements in performance or fuel mileage. But they sounded cool when you got on it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mercedes1
• Brainerd, MN, USA
• Registered on 9/1/2004
• 25 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:1/28/2006 21:41
I put a K&N FIPK Gen2 on my 03 V10. Set me back about $220 on eBay but I figured I would make it up in increased miles per gallon. Well, I haven't done the math (don't plan to ), but I think it will take a while to recover my investment. Aside from the "cool" factor when I lift the hood, I saw a mere 1 to 1.5 mpg increase (Hwy driving, less than 2000rpm's, easy on the accellerator, etc. etc. etc.) Towing, however made a big difference. I saw an easy 2 and probably closer to 3 mpg increase. I can't say exactly because I only towed to the same place once (once without and once with the K&N). The trip was about 150 miles round trip so it wasn't exact science but as close as possible. I made a trip out to South Dakota lat summer with the K&N and thought I did pretty good on fuel. I also didn't really care about the increase in HP, the V10 has enough for my rig. Even on the steeps...

If there is some logic as to why it works the way it does (mostly when towing), it has me baffled. Ken seems to have the science down so I'd say take his advice. In hindsight, I was really only trying to "one up" the neighbor's new Chevy . He had a K&N filter on his old truck and put one on his new truck. I tried to tell him that he's still stuck with a Chevy but he does have the Duramax ...Oh well.

Good luck.

Keith

I believe that heroes are those that do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the circumstances.
edited 1/28/2006 21:42
jscarb2
• MANTEO, NC, USA
• Registered on 10/25/2005
• 10 posts
Posted:2/13/2006 21:22
i have done the zoo-dad mod for free it is worth it dont know if it really makes a differance but in my head the truck feels a little more responsive do a search over at ford-trucks.com
fordracer
• glyndon, MN, USA
• Registered on 8/28/2005
• 12 posts
Posted:2/14/2006 18:26
thanks for the response. What is the ZOO DAD mod?
shiepo
• carson, CA, USA
• Registered on 6/23/2011
• 75 posts
Posted:12/5/2011 18:14
Quote:
Has anybody done any mods to their factory air filter housings. Also what are the best after market
air intake systems to help with the milage on the v10.
Thanks
Jim

hi there i was planning to buy an air filter for my Acura CL Air Filters. i know a store online so i want to share it to you its jcw i dont know the real name but my friend told me that its a best choice.
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Gas Engine Excursions
V10 air filter housing
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 5   |   Total Posts: 6   |   Total Views: 3386
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog