FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Fellow oil burners
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 9   |   Total Posts: 9   |   Total Views: 1829
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
James Ertle
• St. Louis, MO, USA
• Registered on 5/24/2005
• 69 posts
Posted:6/9/2008 16:28
It has now been over one month since anyone posted!
What is going on.
Have you all put your diesels away as well?

Regards to All
James Ertle
CHPMustang
• Plano, TX, USA
• Registered on 7/24/2002
• 1,800 posts
1 Vehicle
Posted:6/9/2008 16:52
Howdy James,

I thinks the modifying activity overall has dropped with all Excursion owners Gas and Diesel powered. We were looking at possibly putting our X on the market so we could purchase a Diesel powered vehicle that gets better mileage but since we occasional tow,haul gear,etc we decided to keep it for part time use.

We're going to purchase a new VW TDI in the late summer to bring in as our new daily driver but will still tinker with the short bus

What you been up to brother?

Bill
2002 Excursion XLT-P 4x4 7.3L Powerstroke Diesel

Rameses
• High Point, NC, USA
• Registered on 12/30/2007
• 16 posts
Posted:6/9/2008 19:23
I have been just watching the fuel prices climb upward. Being kind of cautious about any more modifications in case it get just too expensive to justify having the X.
I have been really pouring over the links for the conversions to SVO and WSVO.
http://www.frybrid.com/psd1.htm
http://www.greasecar.com/kit_detail.cfm?prodID=23
http://www.goldenfuelsystems.com/products_systems_ford.php

The local bio-diesel guy just went out of business. I had not used any yet trying to research the effects on the motor and he is already out?
I like the idea of a split tank one for diesel and the other for SVO ,but again I am unsure of the long term effects on the engine.
There is also Jonathan Goodwin who does the Diesel mods on the H2's that looks like he can get big mileage but the cost of the mods is high @ http://www.hlineconversion.com/

Anyone else thinking of the same thing?

GO Tarheels!

7.3L TD Limited
Borla dual exhaust
Banks stage 1 kit
Banks pod guages
Banks Brake system
Banks Ram AIR
18'' chrome wheels and Nitto Grabber tires
Custom lower fascia
Helwig bar
White Knights rear light kit
02excursion73
• Herndon, VA, USA
• Registered on 1/8/2007
• 46 posts
Posted:6/9/2008 20:12
I feel sorry for all the great aftermarket companies such as ITP Diesel, etc... If owners have really cut back on the mods then it must be hurting business for these folks. I currently have my X up for sale to sort of test the waters. I bought my X two years ago when the market was still hot for diesel Excursions. I had to fly to Michigan from VA to find the one I wanted. If it does not sell fairly easily, I will keep it and continue the tinkering which I have had alot of fun with. Time to work on it is my biggest problem. I have mine for part time use also. We just took a 250 mile round trip last week and got an even 19MPG with five people and lots of family stuff. My wife was amazed. Doesnt this thing weigh four tons? she asked. My kids prefer to travel in the X over my wifes brand new Minivan due to the interior space difference.
My friend has an 08 Ford F350 with the 6.4 and is not happy with the 12MPG he is getting. I guess we dont have it so bad.

2002 Excursion 4*4 Limited, Motorcraft AIS, Oil Crossover Tube, Zoodad Mod, Pirelli ATR 285's, Magnaflow 4" exhaust with 3.5" downpipe and twin mufflers,
V codes with mini spring packs, Modified F codes, Rancho steering stabilizer, Edelbrock shocks, 05 X rear anti sway bar, V10 Trans cooler, Diesel Site 203 Thermostat.
dsquared
• Ontario, CA, USA
• Registered on 4/9/2008
• 1 post
Posted:6/10/2008 09:18
I'm currently playing around with DiabloSport to get better mileage from the Predator tuner that came with my Ex. Running the 60HP tune, I am averaging 17.1 mpg. Call me optomistic, but with the mods I have, and getting 17.4 mpg with the stock tune, I think 19-20 is not unrealistic. Maybe I need to go DP-Tuner to get there....... But I am NOT going to sell my Ex!! I just made a trip to Santa Barbara, and had my wife, our 21 YO son, 3 teenagers and 1 9YO. Ride was comfortable, secure, and, for 7 people in an 8,000lb vehicle, fairly economical!!
Mark Rychel
• Chesterland, OH, USA
• Registered on 3/10/2003
• 54 posts
Posted:6/12/2008 13:17
I haven't put mine away, but have been checking out other options. Like the hybrid Tahoe.

I am pissed at Ford, I had a 2000EX v10 and it spit a plug and ruined the engine so I bought a 2005 diesel EX. The rear gate window won't stay up in the cold weather, I had to put on a new water pump, the cheap plastic front cracked where it bolts on by the hood. The leather seats cracked, the harness fo r the block heater was discontinued in 05 and I had to pay extra to install it. The whole HVAC turns off for no reason occasionally and then after a while magically returns to functionality. A month ago it was sitting in nthe garage overnight and the next day it wouldn't start, a wire was bad. At least it was covered under warranty after a $100.00 deductible. OH yea, 3 out of 4 wheels delaminated.

Sorry to vent but I am mad as hell and I am not gonna take it any more. I really enjoy paying for the privilege of driving 15.6 miles for $4.89.

Mark
davecarpe
• Newton, NJ, USA
• Registered on 9/2/2007
• 29 posts
Posted:6/13/2008 17:34
I am actually driving my Excursion more and contemplating additional mods that should improve fuel economy more, such as replacing the mechanical fan with an Electric fan.

I am also considering getting a biodiesel rector to make my own to supplement my diesel and home heating oil. I have some local restaurants that would be happy to let me have their used cooking oil and I can include my own as well.

It's just getting to be ridiculous with the price of diesel going up ever week. I have taken to filling up more often to get some before the price rises again.

I am also taking my Excusion in to have a new stereo installed since the crappy one that came is getting worse and worse to use. I have all the CDs out of it because they kept getting stuck and it would keep randomly interrupting the radie to play a rando CD track. Now it interrupts the radio to select a CD slot and tell me to insert a CD!

That will all be rectofied next week
greenmyfleet
• Belleair Bluffs, FL, USA
• Registered on 9/30/2011
• 1 post
Posted:9/30/2011 10:27
Adding "in stock" Ford Excursion System to my shop.

Highlights of System:
- Golden Fuel Systems 12 gauge steel, 24 gallon Diesel Excursion Tank
- Hot Fox Coolant-Heated Fuel Pick-up and Heat Exchanger to Modify Stock Tank
- Premium Externally Heated Racor 6120 Filter (SVO Filter)
- Premium Racor 690 Filter (Diesel Filter)
- Fuel Level Sending Unit (Diesel Tank)
- Choice of Enhanced Visibility White or Black Fuel Gauge
- Choice of Enhanced Visibility Black or White Vacuum/Pressure gauge for monitoring SVO Fuel System
- Dual Gauge Mounting Bracket
- 3 GV10 Valves- 23 Feet of 3B Heated Fuel Hose produced for GFS by Parker
- Fuel Hose
- Wiring Harness
- Electrical Connectors, Fuses, Relays
- All Brass Fittings, Bolts, Hose Clamps, and Screws
- Excursion Instructions and Technical support

http://www.greenmyfleet.com/
aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• Registered on 2/20/2006
• 133 posts
Posted:10/10/2011 13:11
Quote:
I am actually driving my Excursion more and contemplating additional mods that should improve fuel economy more, such as replacing the mechanical fan with an Electric fan.

It might free up a few HP but that fan doesn't run for free either. If the alternator is engaged won't it suck down the engine and hence MPG?

Besides from what I have read, towing isn't going to be good with the electric fan since it can't move as much cfm as the stock one.

01 Excursion. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS Air Filter system, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F6 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BDP Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear. Billet thermostat housing
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Fellow oil burners
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 9   |   Total Posts: 9   |   Total Views: 1829
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog