FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
2004 EX console/jump seat replacement
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 2930
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
rbscholes
• Tucson, AZ, USA
• Registered on 8/5/2009
• 3 posts
Posted:8/6/2009 00:27
I am looking to take out the stock console and replace with a jump seat.

1). Will the truck jump seats fit the excursion?
2). Anyone know of any good aftermarket jump seats?

The stock console comes with a radio controller for the back seat... are there any options to keep this with aftermarket or truck console seats?

thanks!
BTW... I just recently purchased a 2004 4x4 excursion, white exterior, tan cloth interior
LANDYOT  SuperMotors Member
Sponsor
Subscriber
Subscriber since 11/23/2003
• Newport News, VA, USA
• Registered on 7/15/2003
• 1,110 posts
Posted:8/8/2009 09:17
Congratulations on your purchase, and WELCOME to the X-Files!

Being that you have the cloth interior, you may wish to consider another option to gain more front row seating. In lieu of a jump seat installed between the buckets, the XLS trim package utilizes a front row bench seat. I would imagine the front row bench seating from other SuperDuty trucks would also fit. I'm not certain how seat belts would be attached. I'm at a loss in regards to maintaining your rear stereo controls.

Sounds like a fair amount of expense and trouble to gain one seating position. Is having 3 seating positions up front all that critical? Do you need seating for nine?
rbscholes
• Tucson, AZ, USA
• Registered on 8/5/2009
• 3 posts
Posted:8/8/2009 11:01
I do need 9 seat belts. We just had our seventh child so it's a better option than double buckling if we all need to go together.

I'm not that concerned about the rear radio controls. The bench is a good idea, I'll have to consider that but I do like the bucket seats better for comfort on those long trips... I need some level of comfort if I am in the car for 12 hours with 7 kids...
monsta
• The Big Island, HI, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2002
• 1,056 posts
2 Vehicles
Posted:8/10/2009 21:09
You can put in the OEM center section seat but you may have issues with the armrest stops. The armrests need to come off and the stop is welded to the seat frame. You can cut or grind it off but you'll still have holes in the fabric.

Another small issue is the rear bolts need studs that currently are missing in yours.

FWIW, XLS trim Excursions do not have a bench but rather, a 40/20/40 seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Excursion Discussion
2004 EX console/jump seat replacement
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 3   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 2930
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog