FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Superchips 1705 K&N Filter
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 1135
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
Mark Peterson
• Big Lake, MN, USA
• Registered on 12/29/2004
• 25 posts
Posted:4/2/2011 21:11
Hello all,
Been a while since I've been on here. You've always been great to me. Looking for your expertise.
We own a 2001 PSD 7.3. It's our family bus. It's our only vehicle we own. We use the X for family use only, no towing, pulling,racing, or wild stuff! We just recently had some friends give us a Superchips 1705 Tuner. We also just today installed a K&N Filter, (been a good week for our X) Please give me recommendations to set the Superchips 1705 at? It has settings of: Tow Safe, Tow Perf, and High Perf. Like I said, all we do is haul kids to gymnastics, and baseball. We are really hoping these upgrades will help with fuel mileage. Thanks in advance!

Mark
aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• Registered on 2/20/2006
• 133 posts
Posted:4/2/2011 21:19
Best setting for the SC1705 is to set it in the trash can or sell it on ebay and get yourself a real program. Talk to Jody at www.dp-tuner.com about your programming needs. He can flash your ECM with a more customized tune. That is how I started playing with my Excursion. He is pretty knowledgeable and won't steer you wrong. IIRC, it is about $75. What you have in the SC1705 is a "one size fits all". Kinda like me telling you that I need a suit for a 40 yo white male. Well, you can average it out and see what happens. Or you can get a more customized tune with some measurements. If you really want to go up town, you can have him sit in the truck and make adjustments while he drives for optimum tuning. That is more like having a tailor make your suit and adjust it with you in it. That costs more though.

As to the K&N, return it or put it alongside the SC01705. On other forums, there has been issues of it sealing properly and dusting the turbo

01 Excursion. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS Air Filter system, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F6 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BDP Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear. Billet thermostat housing
Mark Peterson
• Big Lake, MN, USA
• Registered on 12/29/2004
• 25 posts
Posted:4/3/2011 20:48
I've been driving the X for the last couple days, around 120 miles or so. We really like the upgrades. We live on very tight budget, so we hope these installs benefit us. Again they were free to us no charge, just hoping were doing the right thing! I am looking for more feedback please

Mark
aklim
• Hartford, WI, USA
• Registered on 2/20/2006
• 133 posts
Posted:4/5/2011 15:38
Get gauges so you don't cook the engine or trans

01 Excursion. Gauges with AIH Delete, AIS Air Filter system, CCV Mod, 4' MBRP, BTS Trans, 6.0L Trans Cooler and Intercooler, DP-Tuner F6 chip, ITP In Tank Mod and Boost Annihilator, Diesel Innovation's Regulated Fuel kit, BTS Big Oil system, GTP38R Turbo with 1.15 A/R housing and BDP Stage II AC injectors. Bilstein Shocks with U code front and A code Rear. Billet thermostat housing
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Superchips 1705 K&N Filter
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 2   |   Total Posts: 4   |   Total Views: 1135
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog