FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Engine Removal Procedure
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 2392
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
djtarnow
• Chisholm, MN, USA
• Registered on 3/6/2012
• 2 posts
Posted:3/6/2012 06:09
Hello everyone. I just joined this site. I have been contemplating purchasing a diesel excursion and have been doing a lot of research. I have read about many of the issues and fixes with both the 7.3L and 6.0L. I'd like to be prepared for the worse in the event I do buy the X and wind up having troubles with it.

Ford's recommended procedure is to lift the cab off their super duty trucks. Is this also the easiest or only way to remove the engine on the PSD excursions? Is it possible/advisable to pull off the front clip and pull the engine out the front of the truck?

My closest experience was changing heads on a 6.8L F250 for a family member and it was less than fun to put it mildly.

Thanks in advance.

Dan.
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Powerstroke Excursions
Engine Removal Procedure
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 1   |   Total Views: 2392
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog