FordExcursions.com Forums

Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Gas Engine Excursions
cruse control not working
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 1262
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1
johnson7
• winchester, CA, USA
• Registered on 12/1/2011
• 3 posts
Posted:5/16/2012 21:58
No cruse control after 90k miles on 2002 limited, did self diagnostics using the "off button" and came up with two flashes after test. what does it mean and can I fix it myself. found out that usual problem is the cruse switch, but I dont know where it is located,
any help? Thanks
johnson7
• winchester, CA, USA
• Registered on 12/1/2011
• 3 posts
Posted:5/17/2012 17:56
Okay, let this be an FYI to all. I fixed it! Turns out I did not have the re-call done, I replaced the so called faulty switch located on the master cylinder since it did have fluid inside the connector that was the suspected cause of fires years ago. part # 1L1Z*9f924*AA67 Brake Kit $21.02. I chose to pay for it and do it myself rather than schedule an appointment with the dealer.

Finaly, I addressed the original problem (No Cruse Contro). After doing the self diagnostic using the switches on the steering wheel the cruse light flashed twice indicating a bad BPP. I found out that it means Brake Pedal Placement (switch) part # F87Z*13480*AA88 $30.97 located on the brake pedal where it ataches to the booster arm coming through the fire wall. After replacing the switch the tail lights stuck on with the key in the "on" position, this turned out to be a simple problem with the booster arm being up side down.

After one hour of tinkering around replacing both switches all is well and I have cruse control again!
edited 5/17/2012 17:57
Ford Excursion Forums > Ford Excursion V8, V10, and Powerstroke > Gas Engine Excursions
cruse control not working
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 1   |   Total Posts: 2   |   Total Views: 1262
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog