SuperMotors.net Forums

Forums > Frequently Asked Questions > Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
How do I post pictures, sounds, and or videos?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 9   |   Total Posts: 14   |   Total Views: 53632
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2
E. Long  Club OwnerSuperMotors Owner
Subscriber
Subscriber since 1/1/2001
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• Registered on 1/23/2001
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:9/6/2006 00:29
STEP 1: Join or login to SuperMotors
If you haven't already, join SuperMotors. Otherwise, simply login via the username and password fields at the top of the site.

STEP 2: Create a registry entry
If you already have a registry entry, skip to step 3.

If you haven't already, you'll first need to create a registry entry. A registry entry is where your photo albums will go, but first you need a place for your photo albums to be stored. That's what a registry entry is for. Create your registry entry at http://www.supermotors.net/mygarage/index.php

STEP 3: Edit album
Visit http://www.supermotors.net/mygarage/index.php and click on "Edit Album" next to the corresponding registry entry you wish to add photos, sounds, and/or videos to.

STEP 4: Add or edit an album section
If you haven't already, create an album section. Album sections are created so you may categorize or group your photos, sounds, and videos together. As you continue to post more media files, it will be easier to find them based on your album sections.

If you already have an album section created, simply click on the album section name.

STEP 5: Select a photo, audio, or video to post
Click the "Choose File" button and lcoate the file on your computer you wish to post.

STEP 6: Enter a description and click "Send File"
Enter a description for your photo. Descriptions are optional, but the more detailed you are, the better. Users can search the registry based on descriptions you enter in your captions. Now, click the "Send File" button! This may take several seconds to several minutes depending on your Internet connection speed and the size of the file you are posting.

STEP 7: Verify your posted photo and caption
Once the file has been posted, the page wil refresh and you will see an "EXISTING FILES" table at the bottom of the page showing you the thumbnail of the file you just posted, the caption, action steps, and the file's stats. Click on the thumbnail to view the file in full detail. You can also edit the caption by clicking the "edit caption" link or delete the file entirely by clicking the "delete" link.

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
WD40
• Helena, MT, USA
• Registered on 12/16/2002
• 25 posts
5 Vehicles
Posted:10/25/2006 13:32
How do you change the thumbnail pic for each album?
IOW, one of the pics in the album is highlighted as a thumbnail for each vehicle.
I'd like to change that.

Thanks.

WD-40 Reverend GripShift
Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:10/25/2006 17:17
Quote:
How do you change the thumbnail pic for each album?
IOW, one of the pics in the album is highlighted as a thumbnail for each vehicle.
I'd like to change that.

Thanks.

WD40,

Currently, we don't have this capability available, however it is planned. The thumbnail that shows up now is simply the first image that was posted to the registry entry.

-Eric

'67 Galaxie 500 - 390 FE, .030" over, FE to AOD adapter, disc brake conversion. The Daily Driver.
'00 Excursion - 7.3L PSD, LANDYOT Gen-II Radius Rods, Factory Tech Valve Body, 200K+ miles and going
WD40
• Helena, MT, USA
• Registered on 12/16/2002
• 25 posts
5 Vehicles
Posted:10/26/2006 09:37
Thanks for the info.
I appreciate it.

WD-40 Reverend GripShift
TYZBRONCO79
• STAFFORD, VA, USA
• Registered on 7/6/2006
• 1 post
2 Vehicles
Posted:12/25/2006 21:02
ok I click on edit album and it won't let me click anything else to add some pics
Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:12/26/2006 10:08
Quote:
ok I click on edit album and it won't let me click anything else to add some pics

Hi,

Can you describe what you see on the page after you click "edit album"?

-Eric

Rodger Petre
• Bakersfield, CA, USA
• Registered on 12/27/2003
• 1 post
1 Vehicle
Posted:7/10/2007 16:05
Same with me. Here's what I see (with the color graphics). There's nothing under Section, Action, #Files, etc.

panteraguy

Add/Edit Photos, Sounds, & Videos

To post photos, sounds, or videos to your album, click on a section link below. Need help with posting? Read the step-by-step tutorial. Having problems posting? Contact us.

Album Sections
Section Action # Files Hits Created Updated Link

Subscriber
• Atlanta, GA, USA
• 2,229 posts
10 Vehicles
Posted:7/10/2007 17:11
Quote:
Same with me. Here's what I see (with the color graphics). There's nothing under Section, Action, #Files, etc.

panteraguy

Add/Edit Photos, Sounds, & Videos

To post photos, sounds, or videos to your album, click on a section link below. Need help with posting? Read the step-by-step tutorial. Having problems posting? Contact us.

Album Sections
Section Action # Files Hits Created Updated Link

Hi Rodger,

Above the "Album Sections" area you should see the "Add Album Section". It looks like you don't have any album sections, yet. All you need to do is add an album section, then you'll see it in the list to be able to add your photos and/or videos.

-Eric

Steve83
• Memphis, TN, USA
• Registered on 2/12/2003
• 40 posts
25 Vehicles
Posted:4/6/2008 14:27
Once you have an image uploaded, or if you're looking at anyone ELSE's images here on SMN, you'll see a set of 4 text fields at the top L of the page. To embed the image or a thumbnail into a web page, click the appropriate text field and copy it (CTRL+C or right-click & COPY) into your computer's clipboard memory. Then go to the web page in which you want that image to appear and paste the text (CTRL+V or right click & PASTE) into the appropriate text field there. On most UBB/VBB-style bulletin boards (like this one), it's best to use "Thumb" (linked thumbnail) to embed images. They consume less bandwidth, so the pages load faster, and anyone who wants to view the fullsize or original-size image can click the thumbnail & do so.

Like this:

Now that phone browsing is becoming more common, and many phone apps don't recognize the link associated with the thumbnail (those apps just enlarge the blurry thumbnail image), I've begun adding some text with the thumbnail link so that there's something clickable, like this:

(phone app link)

To embed a SMN image in most other web pages, you'll have to use the "Tag" text, which is true HTML.

"Url" is a simple link to the image you're looking at - it doesn't include the rest of the page; only the image itself. So if there's a caption, it won't be shown; and the person using that link won't be able to browse other files here on SMN.

"Img" is UBB/VBB code to embed a fullsize or original-size image (depending on what you're looking at) into your target web page (without caption or PREV/NEXT links). But this will make those pages slower to load for dialup users, and should be avoided. It also scores no hits for the image owner.

IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT ANY OTHER IMAGE ON THE NET, right-click it. In some browsers, you have to select Properties, and triple-click the URL, then copy it (CTRL+C). In other browsers (like Chrome), you might have the option to "Copy image address". When you paste it between IMG tags in your post, the fullsize image (the one you right-clicked) will appear. If you right-click a thumbnail, the thumbnail (in its glorious full thumbnail size) will appear. This generally works from eBay, Amazon, and Images.Google.com .

IF YOU'RE LOOKING AT AN IMAGE ON YOUR LOCAL COMPUTER OR NETWORK, you can't post it yet. You MUST upload it to the internet first so that everyone else can get to it.

IF THE IMAGE IS HOSTED ON A SITE THAT RESTRICTS REMOTE LINKING (like PhotoBucket recently), try hitting CTRL+PrintScrn (or ALT+PrintScrn), then opening an image-editing program like MS Paint. Paste (CTRL+V) the captured image into a new file, crop it down to just what you want, and then save it in an appropriate file format (JPG or GIF). Then you can re-upload the image & link it. REMEMBER to respect copyrights.

Walk softly & carry a BIG SIX.
edited 3/3/2020 20:00
jonjones
• Las Vegas, NV, USA
• Registered on 1/5/2011
• 1 post
1 Vehicle
Posted:1/5/2011 16:54
How do I upload pics from my iPhone?

Forums > Frequently Asked Questions > Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
How do I post pictures, sounds, and or videos?
Thread Statistics:     Users to Post: 9   |   Total Posts: 14   |   Total Views: 53632
You must be logged in to post in or subscribe to this thread.Pages: 1 2

About SuperMotors | Contact Us | FAQ/Help | Legal
Copyright © 1998-2024 Web Design Solutions, Inc.
All rights reserved. Duplication & reproduction is strictly prohibited.
SuperMotors.net v5.0.2 ChangeLog